Welcome to the Utah professional engineering licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed as a professional engineer in Utah. For detailed contact information for the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, see the contact information page. Utah mandates the professional structural engineering license for work on “significant” structures, as outlined in 58-22-102 (14) of the Utah Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Licensing Act. To obtain a professional structural engineering license, the applicant must complete 3 years of work experience as a license professional engineer before taking, and passing, the 16 hour NCEES exam. Licensed professional civil engineers may legally solicit work on structures that are not deemed “significant” by the board.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Review continuing education requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to change your address, order a duplicate license, download an application, lookup a license, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.