Welcome to the Rhode Island professional engineering licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed as a professional engineer in Rhode Island. For detailed contact information for the State of Rhode Island Division of Design Professionals, see the contact information page. Rhode Island does not distinguish between civil professional engineers and structural engineers. As a licensed civil professional engineer, the licensee may legally practice within the branch of structural engineering in the state of Rhode Island.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Rhode Island currently has now continuing education requirement as a condition for license renewal.
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to review rules and regulations, download an application, download a roster of engineers, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.