Illinois Licensing

293.illinois.map_.051208Welcome to the Illinois licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed in Illinois.

Illinois is a practice act state.  As a Civil Professional Engineer, one may not provide structural engineering services.  Likewise, as a licensed Structural Engineer, one may not provide civil engineering services.  To practice in both branches of civil engineering, you must be licensed as both a Civil Professional Engineer and a Structural Engineer

For detailed contact information for the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, see the contact information page.

Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:

You can also:

Refer to the forms and links page if you want to change your address, order a duplicate license, lookup a license, etc.

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at

Leave a Reply