Welcome to the District of Columbia professional engineering licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed as a professional engineer in the District of Columbia. For detailed contact information for the District of Columbia Board of Professional Engineering, see the contact information page. The District of Columbia distinguishes between civil professional engineers and structural engineers via the branch of engineering selected on the license application only. To add the structural engineering discipline to a license, the licensee must pass the NCEES 16 hour structural exam. That being said, a licensed civil professional engineer may legally provide structural engineering services in the District of Columbia without any restrictions.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Review continuing education requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to review the municipal regulations, download a roster of licensed professionals, download license applications, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.