Welcome to the Washington professional engineering licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed as a professional engineer in Washington. For detailed contact information for the Washington State Department of Licensing, see the contact information page. To provide structural engineering services on “significant” structures in the state of Washington, a structural engineering license is required. Refer to section 18.43.020 (11) of the laws and rules relating to professional engineersfor the definition of “significant” structures. To obtain a structural engineering license, the applicant must be a currently licensed professional engineer in the state of Washington, have 2 years of progressive structural engineering experience beyond the experience requirement for licensure as a professional engineer, and pass the 16 hour NCEES structural engineering examination. Licensed civil professional engineers may legally provide structural services on those structures that are not deemed “significant” by the board.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Structural Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Structural Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Review renewal requirements for your Structural Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Washington currently does not require continuing education as a condition of license renewal for your professional engineering license (continuing education is only required for professional land surveying license renewal).
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to change your address, download an application, lookup a license, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.