Welcome to the South Dakota professional engineering licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed as a professional engineer in South Dakota . For detailed contact information for the South Dakota Board of Technical Professions, see the contact information page. South Dakota distinguishes between licensed civil professional engineers and structural engineers via the discipline claimed on the license only (which correlates to the NCEES exams that have been passed). As a licensed civil professional engineer, the licensee may legally work within the branch of structural engineering provided his or her education and work experience permits so.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License – Coming Soon!
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity – Coming Soon!
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
- Review continuing education requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license – Coming Soon!
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to download an application, review continuing education requirements, download a roster of licensees, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.