California is the state for which most potential engineers will first meet the educational and work experience requirements for the professional engineering license, making it one of the most sought after licenses nationally.
It is important to note that California has a clear definition between Civil Professional Engineers and Structural Engineers. Civil professional engineers may provide services on all structural projects except for schools and hospitals.
For detailed contact information for the California Board for Professional Engineers, and Land Surveyors see the contact information page.
Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:
- Apply for your Engineer-in-Training Certification
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License
- Apply for your Professional Engineering License by comity
- Apply for your Structural Engineering License
- Apply for your Structural Engineering License by comity
You can also:
- Review renewal requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license
- Review renewal requirements for your Structural Engineering license
- Review continuing education requirements for your Civil Professional Engineering license
- Review continuing education requirements for you Structural Engineering license
Refer to the forms and links page if you want to change your address, order a duplicate license, lookup a license, etc.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.