Alaska Licensing

Welcome to the Alaska licensing page! This page will provide all of the detailed steps necessary to get licensed and stay licensed in Alaska.

For detailed contact information for the Alaska State Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers and Land Surveyors, see the contact information page.

The state of Alaska distinguishes between a Professional Engineer and a Structural Engineer via the branch of engineering declared on the license.  Civil Professional Engineers may practice Structural Engineering so long as they’ve declared that discipline on the license.  More than one discipline may be declared via the application for additional engineering discipline.

Through this page, you can find detailed instructions on how to:

You can also:

Refer to the forms and links page for all necessary forms, or if you want to change your address, lookup a license, etc.

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us at

Leave a Reply